I recently had the opportunity to try out Cha Cha Matcha in New York City. This cozy and cute little cafe is located in lower Manhattan on Broome St. I have wanted to visit this cafe for a while now. I tried to stop by back in November, but just didn’t have the time. So for my trip this month, I was insistent on stopping by. I went with two classic options from their menu – I got the white chocolate matcha latte and the matcha soft serve. Both were delicious and totally worth the journey downtown. Matcha is not a cheap ingredient and most places overcharge or underserve the amount of matcha in a latte, but Cha Cha Matcha made no exception. They created the perfect balance of matcha and sweetener in all of their offerings.
Aside for the delicious taste of matcha there are a number of health benefits as well. I thought I could share the top 5 reasons you should add matcha to your diet.
- High in antioxidants – We have all heard this before. Antioxidants are these magical nutrients that makes super human when we add them to our diet. These magical nutrients help us look younger, stay healthier and fight against the negative effects of UV radiation. The first amazing benefit of matcha green tea is the just own cup provides over 5 times as many antioxidants as any other food!
- Keeps you calm – Matcha green tea has been used by Chinese and Japanese Buddhist monks as a way to relax and mediate. The L-Theanine contained in matcha promotes the production of alpha waves in the brain which induces relaxation without the drowsiness
- Burns calories – Let’s be real, anything that burns calories that does not require cardio is a win. Drinking matcha green tea has shown to increase metabolism and help the body burn fat about 4 times faster than average!
- Improves cholesterol – Researchers aren’t entirely sure how matcha green tea has such a positive effect on cholesterol, however studies have shown that people who drink matcha green tea on a regular basis have lower levels of bad cholesterol.
- It tastes good – Drinking something because it’s healthy can usually end up tasting like medicine. Matcha is absolutely delicious, for some it might be an acquired taste, but it is one of the few teas in the world that does not need sugar, lemon or anything else to make it palatable. So sit back and enjoy a cup of matcha green tea knowing that it is doing great things for your body and it tastes delicious!
I hope this blog post has encouraged you to go out in New York City and check out all the amazing food the city has to offer. If you enjoyed this blog post, I would love if you saved/heart it on Bloglovin’! If you want to get instant updates on my life make sure to follow me on Snapchat (@anikazzz) or check out my Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.