Ok let’s face it, people nowadays are more concerned about their jobs and livelihood more than ever. I think this is because our generation is returning from the recession and we are now more aware of keeping things we like close. However in the rat race to get more we forget we lose some important things in life. We need to work, yet we need to remember the importance of taking a break and remembering to take a vacation. Workaholics, please take note – a vacation is a must! Forget your guilty feelings, trash the idea about boasting to your friends that you haven’t taken a vacation in months/years. Here are my 5 reasons why it is important to take a vacation, you can thank me afterward.
- Reduces Stress – Whether you are experiencing a burnout at work or just under pressure at home, going on vacation with reducing your stress. When you are stressed you don’t see things clearly, but when you take a break you understand how to create a work-life balance. Taking a vacation regularly will actually prevent burnout.
- You become more creative – When you go on vacation you get a chance to refresh and recharge your brain cells. It is hard to recharge when we are constantly plugged in day in and day out. When you unplug and get away you get some of your best ideas away from the office.
- Give your brain a break – When you work without vacations or breaks you start to use less of your brain. Your brain is like a sponge, it can only absorb so much before it stops. Going on vacation gives your brain some space to get creative and open up some brain space to help you re-center.
- Your office is not the right place for inspiration – I have said it already, but being stuck at your desk every day will not help you generate new ideas. You cannot expect to be to be creative when you are under pressure at work. You cannot switch off completely, but on vacation, you can relax, and creativity may blossom.
- You become happier – The last reason you need to take a vacation would be to just be happy. People who take vacations are happier than those who do not. So take a break and be happy!