Rain rain go away, come again another day. This is exactly how I feel almost every day in London. I know that London is known for it’s rainy and grey days, but after a year of living here I am already pretty tired of it. Most rainy days make me want to curl up on the couch, watch a good movie, and drink a cup of tea. This is totally fine to do every once in a while, but sometimes you need to find the motivation to do more, especially when you are in a city like London where most days of the week are pretty glum and wet.
Today I would like to share my rainy day outfit as well as some of my personal motivational tips for a rainy day. It is important to stay armed and prepared with rain gear that lets you brave through the rain in your everyday hustle.
You have to have a good pair of rain boots to conquer the grimy sidewalks in London. I highly recommend a pair of hunter boots. They are made to last and being a British company they know a thing or two about rain. Next up is a great umbrella. Since moving to the UK I have discovered Fulton Umbrellas. They are the UKs largest umbrella company and holder of the Royal warrant. Hey, if these umbrellas are good enough for the queen, they are good enough for me.
For my outfit it is really easy to cozy up in a comfortable hoodie and jeans, but I wanted to share my style tips on how to stay classy but practical in rainy weather. My dress is from ASOS. It is a black body-con elastic dress that has the off-the-shoulder vibe. I love that this dress is long enough to keep me warm but stylish enough to take this outfit up a level. Finally, I complete my outfit by throwing on my favorite Burberry scarf. Burberry has started t monogram their scarfs for free. Next time you pick up a new scarf make sure to ask for free monogramming so you can add your personal touch to a classic piece.
Now let’s talk about my personal motivational tips to get you up and out of the house even on the rainiest of days. Like I said before, it is easy to stay in and curl up on your couch, but hopefully with my top 5 tips for rainy days you will feel motivated enough to conquer the world and maybe even London weather.
- Rainy Day Playlist: It is no big secret that music affects our mood. You cannot control mother nature, but we do have access to a vast selection of songs that can easily pick up your mood on a grey and wet day. Make the most out of music apps like Spotify, Apple Music or Soundcloud.
- Podcasts that Inspire and Motivate: If listening to music makes you more glum than happy, then switch it up and listen to a motivational podcast to get you going. There are thousands of amazing and free podcasts available in the iTunes store or on Spotify. My personal favorite podcast is #girlboss: http://www.girlboss.com/podcast/
- Make a List: I know that it’s probably just me, but nothing makes me happier than a good list. When I am feeling unmotivated or down, I write down my short-term goals for the week or day. This usually puts me back on track and keeps me focused on things that matter. Also, who doesn’t LOVE crossing things off a list? There is such a satisfying feeling of crossing things off a list once you complete them and crossing one thing off motivates you to cross more things off.
- Clean: If your workspace is cluttered and foggy, your brain will be too. Being stuck inside on a rainy day is a perfect excuse to re-organize parts of your home.
- Drink Coffee: Nothing beats a caffeine boost. I love going around to my local coffee shop and picking up a latte and sitting down and people watching. Going to get a cup of coffee will not only boost your energy levels, it will give you an excuse to leave the house. It’s a win-win situation.
Photos were taken by: Lara Olgiati
I hope this blog post has encouraged you to go out there, stay motivated, and dress cute even on rainy days. If you enjoyed this blog post, I would love if you saved/heart it on Bloglovin’! If you want to get instant updates on my life make sure to follow me on Snapchat (@anikazzz) or check out my Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.