This past week I had the pleasure of being invited to Hummus Lina at the Stable Markets in Camden to try out their delicious hummus. Hummus Lina just opened their doors a little over a week ago and they have already stirred up quite a following. I was pleasantly surprised by how amazing their hummus was. I am a huge hummus fan and absolutely love hummus on pita bread, with carrots, in wraps, there are just so many ways to enjoy hummus. When you go to visit Hummus Lina’s stall make sure you try out their hummus with mushrooms, it’s to die for! I really love how they took classic hummus and added their own twist. The hummus and pita bread alone is perfectly made, but you get to customize your hummus by adding your personal toppings. I loved every bite of my hummus and pita bread and it was such a large serving that I had it for 2 days! If you need a healthy lunch option make sure to check them out in Camden and let them know I sent you!
Aside from trying hummus in Camden and sharing my thoughts with you, I thought it would be fun to share the top 5 health reasons you should be eating more hummus:
- The nutrients in hummus could help you with weight management and weight loss – Hummus is rich in protein, it can help fight hunger cravings and balance blood sugar levels. This could help curb excessive snacking.
- Chickpeas are high in antioxidants – You don’t need your doctor telling you that antioxidants are good for you and that chickpeas have a lot of them. Getting plenty of antioxidants into your body helps reduce the oxidant damage in our bodies.
- It can help your bones grow stronger – Both chickpeas and tahini contain calcium, which as we all know, help contribute to good bone health. This is especially important for women who are getting older as their bones need more calcium to avoid osteoporosis.
- Chickpeas may help reduce your cancer risk – Well isn’t that a great thing to hear? Chickpeas contain folate which may reduce the change of colorectal cancers.
- Hummus can help keep you regular – Thanks to the high fiber content found in hummus it can keep your digestive tract regular.
I hope this blog post has encouraged you to go to Camden and try out some delicious hummus, not only for the benefit of your taste buds, but your body will thank you as well. If you enjoyed this blog post, I would love if you saved/heart it on Bloglovin’! If you want to get instant updates on my life make sure to follow me on Snapchat (@anikazzz) or check out my Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.