Excuses, Excuses, Excuses, I always have one. I am too tired, I don’t have enough time, I am too busy. Nowadays we have an excuse for everything and anything. We are all human and we all make them, but you know what? There are some excuses in life you and I and everyone need to stop making. Today I want to discuss 7 excuses to stop making…
- I don’t have enough time: This one is something I saw all the time and I feel like I hear it the most as well. This excuse can be applied to anything. From exercise to starting a new class to attending an event. I get it, we all have busy lives. It’s not so much a matter of not having time, but making sometimes a priority. Instead of spending 3 hours scrolling on Instagram, maybe go to a new workout class? Could you do laundry on a weeknight so that you can make time for brunch with friends? Just remember your priorities and time is something that we can’t ever get back
- I’m not a morning person: Ummm listen up everyone, this is the worst excuse in the book. I used to say this until I made a priority to wake up and workout in the mornings. Even if you don’t start off as a morning person just be positive and know how much you could get done if you woke up a bit earlier every day! The best part of the morning is that if you just try to get a bit earlier every day you have a bit more time to get things done before the rest of the world starts to bug you.
- That workout looks too difficult: Been there, done that. I remember being intimidated by the gym. I used to be the girl on the stationary bike and just watching everyone. It took me years and an empty gym to try weightlifting and now I cannot go a few days without a workout. My suggestion would be to just give it a try, if you hate it then at least you burned some calories trying.
- I don’t have anyone to go with: I used to use this excuse ALL the time. I was so caught up on having a plus 1 that I would miss out on events because I didn’t want to go alone. Just go alone…Movies? Go Alone. A new restaurant? Go Alone. Shopping? It’s nicer to do this alone. Travel? You need to at least travel alone once in your life… There is really nothing I can think of you can’t do alone.
- I don’t know where to start: If every one person used this excuse then where would our world be today? If you are unsure of how to start, Google it. You have all the knowledge in the world at your fingertips. Go online and ask for help. As a mentor. Talk to your friends about it, but just start by asking.
- I won’t be any good at it: How do you know?? I hate when I hear people say this because you are setting yourself up for failure before you even start! Of course, some people will be better at some things over others, but you won’t know until you try. So don’t let that negative thought get into your head before you even start.
- I am too tired: This is the most used excuse of all time. You might be tired, but this is because you are prioritizing other things in your life that take up your energy. If it is important enough to you, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse…