So often we hear people talk about broadening that network, nurturing relationships, but never enough about the most important relationship in our lives – the one with ourselves. For the past 4 months, I have really been focused on myself, my happiness, and especially my health. It is so important to have a healthy relationship with yourself. If you’ve been extra focused on the external factors in your own life, I encourage you to stop every once in a while to practice self-care and develop a better relationship with yourself. Not sure where to start?I have tips and advice for you.
- Know what you want and go after it – Setting a big picture goal for yourself is important so that you can make sure you are on the right path and you are doing everything in your power to make it to your goals. If you are not sure what your goals then take a few minutes to sit down and write down what you want most in your life in the next month, year, etc. We all have moments in our lives where life has us beat down and we lose focus, those are the moments to come back to your big picture goal and remind yourself of what has to be done.
- Accept your flaws – No one is perfect, not even on Instagram. Even the most perfect people on social media all have flaws and insecurities. You cannot really do much with what you don’t like about yourself. However, you can learn to accept those flaws and love yourself because of them. Your flaws complete you, they are what makes you unique in this world. You should love yourself because of your flaws and not hate yourself because of them. If you can accept your flaws then you can exude confidence and beauty on the inside and out. Accepting your flaws will end up attracting more positivity and more positive experiences as a result.
- Spend more time alone – Embrace your own company. I am an extremely social person and an extrovert that feeds off the energy around me, but I still love embracing stillness around me. Being by yourself with no distractions allows you to clear your mind, focus and think about what you really want. It helps you discover things about yourself that no one knows about you and there is so much relief in just unplugging and having some good old “me time”.
- Put yourself first – No this is not selfish, this is self-love. It may be impossible to put yourself first all the time, but it is important to remember you have needs too! Putting yourself first means listening to your body and doing what it is telling you to do. Go to sleep early, go to your favorite exercise class, eat more nutritious foods, or just enjoy a bit of quiet time. All of this adds up to nurturing your own needs.
- Just be you – don’t apologize because you are quirky or loud, continue being yourself. You are a unique force in this world and no one else has what you have to offer. Embrace yourself for everything you are and remember that you owe yourself the love that you freely give to others because you are worth it!
Dress – Primark
Shoes – Vince Camuto
Handbag – Rebecca Minkoff
I hope this blog post has encouraged you to remember you are already enough and that having a healthy relationship with yourself if the most important part of your life. If you enjoyed this blog post, I would love if you saved/heart it on Bloglovin’! If you want to get instant updates on my life make sure to follow me on Snapchat (@anikazzz) or check out my Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.