Today I want to share bit more than my outfit. I think it is very important to always dress your best and never settle for less. Dressing your best doesn’t mean you have to look perfect everyday, it means feeling like the best version of yourself. I always feel the best about myself in an all black outfit. Something about wearing the color black just makes me feel more powerful. My outfit that I wanted to share with you today make me feel like it was time to share an important topic of keeping your standards high.
I want to share how important it is to keep your standards, head, and heels high. Lowering your standards it never worth it – never. You can of course change your path or make amendments to your list of deal breakers, but you don’t have to settle just to find love. Here is my top 10 reasons why you should keep your standards as high as your heels:
- You are at the top of your game. You are nearing your peak and you still keep getting better. High-five girlfriend! You have clearly worked very hard to get to where you are – you have learned, grown, and evolved and you are going to continue to do so. You have your shit together and that is something to be proud of, give yourself a pat on the back. You should never feel like you should step down from your top spot because no one else can hang.
- If someone wants you, they can learn to climb. It is not unreasonable to expect other people to work hard on their lives and themselves. You should want to be with someone who is just as ambitious and as focused as you are. Again, why should you have to clip down from your top spot to meet someone half way who isn’t willing to put in the effort to join you at the top?
- You will never be happy if you lower your standards. You can make exceptions and compromises, which is natural and essential in every relationship, but lowering your overall standards is asking for unhappiness. This is especially true if you already know what you want. Settling for less always feels wrong and you should trust your gut on these kinds of things. Settling for less is like being cheated out of what you know you really deserve. Could you really be happy living like that?
- It’s not fair to the person you end up dating. You’ll always compare them to something or someone better and wish for more. Even if you think you are repressing the feeling – it is always there. No one should live like that, especially since there’s nothing wrong with the person you lower your standards to date, they are simply not your match and you can’t force feelings.
- If you respect your standards, others will too. They might not agree and they might not fit your standards, but they will respect them, as long as you respect theirs.
- Your self-respect is worth more than a relationship. Never settle because you are lonely. It is not fair to the person you are dating and definitely not fair on yourself. You will end up causing more harm to yourself than good. You won’t respect yourself anymore and thus starts a vicious cycle because if you do not respect yourself, no one else will.
- Staying single isn’t the worst thing in the world. Honestly! I have been single more than I have been in relationships. If you can’t find someone who hits all the right buttons to make you happy, wouldn’t you be happier on your own? Being single isn’t this horrible disease.
- You can’t be true to someone else if you aren’t true to yourself. Your mind and heart will always be somewhere else. If you start the relationship off with a lie or dishonesty it will never end well. Over time it will become nothing to you.
- You’ll always wonder in if you did yourself a disservice. You will spend so much time wondering if this is really what you want and if you can really be happy. Instead of wasting energy on the “what if” you should be looking for something better. Again, compromises and exceptions are fine in relationships, but lowering your standards completed is something totally different.
- You deserve the best – FIGHT FOR IT! Plain and simple, you deserve to meet someone incredibly and amazing and wonderful who not only fulfils but exceeds your standards. The important thing to note here is to make sure your standards aren’t unrealistic. For example, wanting to meet someone with a good job is completely different to wanting to meet someone rich. As long as you keep up the faith that what you want is out there, you’ll eventually find it.
I hope this blog post has encouraged you to go out there and keep your standards high, not to settle for less, and always dress your best. If you enjoyed this blog post, I would love if you saved/heart it on Bloglovin’! If you want to get instant updates on my life make sure to follow me on Snapchat (@anikazzz) or check out my Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.