- Pamper yourself at a spa – Of course, a full-blown spa day with facials and massages would be nice, but if you haven’t booked anything yet, just getting your nails done is a nice way to relax. If you have a tight budget then do a spa day at home. Just put on some calming music, a face mask, and paint your own nails. Some good old ‘me time’ can be just the way to show yourself some love.
- Go on a shopping spree – It is the time of the year where the winter sales are happening and shops are looking to get rid of old stock before bringing in the spring/summer collections. Spoil yourself and buy yourself something new to make yourself feel and look better. Take the money you would have spent on dinner and chocolates and put it towards a new wardrobe.
- Netflix and Veg out – Watch all the Netflix you want. Do all the chilling. Eat all the carbs. And maybe by the time you have become one with your couch, you will forget that there is a holiday
- Cook for yourself – Instead of spending a ridiculous amount of money on a pre-set menu at a restaurant for Valentine’s Day, cook a beautiful meal for one. Cook whatever your heart desires. Make a recipe you have always wanted to try or order your favorite takeout meal and break out the champagne. Cheers to yourself and your beautiful meal!
- Take a workout class – Believe it or not, the gym is the best place to be on Valentine’s Days. All the couples will be out and all the hot single people will be at the gym making themselves hotter. If there is a workout class you have been dying to take but it is always full. Check to see if there is a spot available because likely the class will be totally empty!
This year Valentine’s Day falls on a Wednesday – not exactly a day of the week where people go all out, even those that are in a relationship. So if you are not feeling the love this year, just ignore it. Just get home from work, put on your favorite jammies and order a whole pizza for yourself. That is called self-love and it is the best kind of love in the world, in my opinion. Enjoy your time rolling solo. It is actually way more fun than worrying about dinner plans, flowers, and chocolates.
– OUTFIT DETAILS –
Dress – Vesper
Heels – Valentino’s
Watch – Michael Kors