Wagamama Bang Bang Cauliflower is my favorite side dish. I always order this delicious dish whenever I go into Wagamama. I never realized how easy it was to make at home.
Thanks to Wagamama starting a great campaign going where they would share the idea of ‘Wok from Home’. Their own chefs would share the ingredients and recipes for their classic dishes so that you can make your own firecracker sauce and Wagamama Bang Bang Cauliflower dish at home even when they aren’t in delivering distance.
Wagamama Bang Bang Cauliflower Recipe
- Wok or frying pan
- Kitchen towel to absorb excess oil
- Mixing bowl
Ingredients for the Firecracker Sauce
- 50 ml Yakitori Sauce (Check ingredients below to make this sauce)
- 50 ml Oyster Sauce
- 100 ml Siracha Sauce
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Dried Chili Flakes
- 6 tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
Ingredients for Yakitori Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sake
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- 6 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sugar
Ingredients for the Cauliflower
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 cups Cornflower
- 1 Red onion diced
- 2 Spring onions sliced
- 1 inch Fresh ginger grated
Making Yakitori Sauce
- Mix the Sake, Mirin, Soy Sauce and Sugar together until the sugar is fully dissolved.
Making the Firecracker Sauce
- Mix the Yakitori Sauce, Oyster Sauce, Siracha Sauce, Fish Sauce, Dried Chili Flakes, Honey and Sweet Chilli Sauce in a large bowl.
Making Bang Bang Cauliflower
- Floret your cauliflower into small bite-sized pieces
- Coat your cauliflower with the cornflour
- Head the vegetable oil in a pan or wok and shallow fry your coated cauliflower
- Fry the cauliflower on a medium heat until it turns golden brown
- Remove the cauliflower from the oil and place on a plate with a paper towel to absorb the excess oil
- Remove excess oil from the pan and add in onions and spring onions and heat until softened
- Add the fried cauliflower back into the pan
- Add in the firecracker sauce into the pan, ensuring the cauliflower is generously coated.
- Let the sauce simmer in the hot pan for a few minutes and remove from the heat
- Serve up on a plate and add ginger, chilli and coriander as a garnish and enjoy!
I would love to tell you that I made this recipe from the ideas in my head, but I actually took this from Wagamama Instagram account. If you like this recipe I am sure you are going to enjoy my Firecracker Chicken recipe.